Wednesday, February 15, 2012


shelovestoread asks:
"If you had to pick only 5 books to read ever again, what would they be and why?"

I can't think of too many individual whys right now but the main reason for choosing these books are amazing writing styles and great plot & character developments.

The Green Mile by Stephen King
This is my all-time favourite book, even though I've only read it once (although do want to reread it again this year). 

Snuff by Chuck Palahniuk
Another favourite, although not second to the The Green Mile. I really love Palahniuk's writing style and characters, and this one (and Pygmy) had, in my opinion, the best of both :)

In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
Also a favourite (seeing a pattern here?). I love reading about true crime and Capote wrote this extremely well. He had me feeling for the criminals so much more than the victims...er, sounds wrong, I know, but it's the way he writes the story and the characters (and focusing a bit more on the criminals than the victims, which I thought was a great way to approach the story).

Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
I lovelovelove this book. I love the characters, especially the main duo. Another great presentation of well-written character-development...er. I just keep repeating the same crap, now...

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by JK Rowling
I love the whole series, but I've read this more than ten times haha. I started reading the books when they first came out--the librarian knew about my love and at book fairs was ready to show me anything Harry Potter related (going so far as to give me a free copy of PoA when my copy was stolen out of her desk; she didn't have to replace but, but she did, and hey, not complaining:). Ugh. I can't explain my love for this series, it's just so wonderful and amazing:D

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP